Abstract / Presentation / Venue / Accommodation / Registration / Program
The International Association of Maritime Universities Students (IAMUS) workshop is a part of the IAMU AGA2016 intended for students from IAMU member universities to present their project work. It is an opportunity for students to participate in maritime education and training related activities, meet and exchange ideas with students from other institutions, meet different industry members and experience other cultures.
The students are invited to submit an abstract and a presentation describing their work. The IAMUS2016 will have a separate agenda from the AGA2016. All participants will be invited to attend the main conference and the conference dinner on the last day.
The abstract limit is one page but must contain at least 300 words in English. The abstract should explain clearly the content and relevance of the paper. The manuscript should contain: Title of the paper; Name, affiliation, and email of each author; Keywords (6-7 words); E-mail address and telephone/fax numbers of the corresponding author.
Authors should submit their abstracts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors are recommended to use either DOC (DOCX) or PDF as the file format. The abstract submission deadline is 30th June 2016. Download an example of a formatted abstract in MS Word format.
Submission of an abstract will be taken to imply that it represents an original work and that it has not been previously published or considered elsewhere for publication. Notification of acceptance will be given to the corresponding author by 15th July 2016. As there is limited time to present work at the conference, it is entirely possible that abstract that has been recommended for publication by Paper Committee will not be included in IAMUS2016 program due to time constraints.
IAMUS2016 conference topics include, but not limited to:
- Maritime education and training (MET)
- Research in MET
- Safety of Navigation
- Automation Control in maritime studies
- Logistics and Management
- Energy efficiency in Maritime Transport
- New trends in Maritime Transport
- Human element
- Maritime English
- Culture and communication in maritime industry
- Psychological and sociological education of seafarers
Authors are invited to submit any questions at email@example.com.
Authors of abstracts that are accepted for inclusion in IAMUS2016 will be asked to submit a presentation electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors are recommended to use slide-based presentation in either PPT (PPTX) or PDF as the file format. The presentation submission deadline is 9th September 2016. The presentations received before the deadline will be included in the IAMUS2016 printed book.
Authors should adhere to the following instructions:
- Presentation time is limited to 15 minutes (5 minutes after presentation is reserved for discussion)
- Recommended font size is 26 – 36 for titles and 16 – 24 for body text
- Presentation should have a cover slide (including title, authors, conference name and date), body slides (describing the most important research/work information) and a conclusion slide (describing authors most important conclusions, thoughts and ideas)
- Authors are encouraged to use figures, graphs, tables and other graphic elements with no limitations.
IAMUS2016 will be held at the Vietam Maritime University.
Address: No. 484 Lach Tray street, Haiphong city, Vietnam.
The organizer suggests the Noi Bai Int’l Airport (Hanoi capital) or Cat Bi Int’l Airport (Haiphong city) as the point of arrival, where shuttle services will operate from on the arrival day.
In order to more conveniently transport, all students are suggested sending their flight schedule to LEC by email address: email@example.com
The accommodation is organised in the Hoang Long Classic Hotel. This hotel is situated in an ideal location, at the center of Hai Phong city, between the Opera House and the cathedral city of Christianity. Hoang Long Classic Hotel is the place where you can walk visiting.
Address: No. 25B Tran Quang Khai street, Haiphong city
The organizers (LEC) will book the accommodation for registered participants (2 people / Twin room). The accommodation cost is included in the student participation package.
The distance between this hotel and Vietnam Maritime University is 4 kilometers, and the LEC will arrange transport between the venues.
All participants must pay non-refundable registration fee. Inclusion of the presentation in the IAMUS2016 program and printed book is guaranteed only after the registration of the presenting author is completed. The registration deadline is 16th September 2016.
Student participation package: 150 USD
- All student activities
- Morning and afternoon coffee/tea breaks
- Accommodation (2 people / Twin room): 5 nights (from 25 till 30 Oct)
- at Hoang Long Classic
- Including breakfast
- Lunches (3 meals: 26-28 Oct)
- Dinners (4 meals: 25-28 Oct)
- Do Son beach tour on 27 Oct
- Transportation from and to Hanoi / Haiphong International Airport
- Transport between venues
- Wireless (WiFi) Internet connection.
The payment should be made to the following bank account:
- Recipient: Vietnam Maritime University
- Recipient Address: No. 484 Lach Tray Street, Hai Phong City, Vietnam
- Bank Name: Joint stock commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)
- Branch Name: Hai Phong City
- Bank address: No. 275 Lach Tray Street, Ngo Quyen District, Hai Phong City
- Swift Code: Swift BFTVVNVX 003
- Account / IBAN No.: 003.1.37.001778.9
Please note that the details of the payment should include: IAMUS2016 – Participant Name. In addition, the bank costs should be covered by the participants.
Each IAMUS 2016 participants will be received the reimbursement amounts are as follows: 150 USD
TENTATIVE Program at a Glance for IAMUS2016 is now available.
Program at a Glance for IAMUS2016 is now available.